Sickness and Accident Insurance

Sickness and Accident

Sickness and Accident Insurance : Image provided by

Click here for an instant Sickness and Accident quote

Sickness and Accident

Imagine this. Through no fault of your own you lose your income because you become unemployed. Or you're unable to work because of an accident. .Your loans such as your mortgage, car loan and credit cards will still need to be paid, as will other family household outgoings like council tax, utility bills and even life cover. So what can you do?

Many people make the mistake of thinking that should they fall ill or have an accident and lose the ability to work, the State will step in and sort it all out in the UK

This is wrong - the rules governing sickness benefit claims have changed dramatically in the past few years.

Before April 1995, you could qualify for long-term sickness benefit if you were rendered incapable, by sickness, accident or disability, of doing your own job of work. Now the rules state that you will only qualify for long-term sickness benefit if you cannot do any job of work.

In other words, only if you are completely incapacitated will the State help support you. This means that, to all intents and purposes, there are currently no long-term sickness benefits in the UK. Even if you do succeed in getting long-term sickness benefit from the State - currently just over £60 per week - that benefit is now taxed.

This all means that private accident and sickness insurance is the only guaranteed way of being able to put a safety net under you and your dependants.

According to Norwich Union, of all the people currently unemployed, nearly 2 million people are off work for more than six months due to a long-term illness or injury. Also statistics show that you are almost 20 times more likely to suffer a breakdown in health lasting more than six months than you are to die before you are 65. This means that you may well need sickness and accident insurance more than you will need life insurance.

Why use us to get your Sickness and Accident Insurance?

We are a professional insurance brokerage who are authorised and specialise in protection insurances such as sickness and accident insurance for home buyers in the UK.

Unlike many of the other insurance sites that seem to sell accident and sickness policies on the internet our staff are all fully trained and are authorised by the FSA to give advice to our clients. This means that not only will you get what is possibly the cheapest sickness and accident cover available anywhere in the UK, but we will also make sure that you get the the insurance that best matches your needs and we are more than happy to answer any questions about the policy that you may have.

As a specialist company, we have the ability to search the market place for the best sickness and accident insurance for you at the lowest possible price in the UK. You can rest easily knowing that our service is free to you, the customer at all times. After having spent time looking at the best solutions for sickness and accident insurance policies in the UK we have chosen to refer you to a web site owned and operated by a specialist in the accident & sickness insurance market. Top Quote UK has been recommended in a large number of local and national newspapers and magazines including The Times, The Telegraph, The Guardian, The Mail on Sunday and The Financial Times.

Top Quote UK are directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority under registration number 302674.
Please be aware that responsibility under Financial Services Authority regulations will therefore be assumed directly by Top Quote UK if you purchase accident, sickness and unemployment insurance from them.


You should note that this type of cover is not designed as any form of savings scheme, the premiums that you pay are used to provide the cover against sickness & accident and if you do not make a claim there is no return of any money.

Latest Medical News

'); //CarpCacheShow(''); ?>